sábado, maio 04, 2013

Cosmetics Mess

 
 One or two years ago I would look at this picture and be amazed, I would want the same amount of cosmetics I see in it, this wasn't a mess to me at all! I was willing to "Americanize" my entire life, living by the consumerism rules.
 Nowadays I hate the excess of cosmetics and make up. I hate owning things I don't use. My goal it's to choose a cream/make up to each necessity and stick with it until the end, okay... maybe not the end, but at least until I find a better one or for a higher reason. One thing that I have been trying to achieve is my cosmetics "decoration": I have them displayed on a shelf. So why not just stick them into a drawer you may ask... Well, because it works better for me this way. 
 The packing is really important to me, I may choose a not so good cream over a better one just because the first has a beautiful packing. I know it might sound silly but I am kind of a beautiful packing's collector. 
Due to all the above I am trying to find the products that work for me, though I really hate to experiment. That's why I read a lot of reviews before buying new things, and I also choose "older" products because I believe they are known for so long for a reason.
 Finally, to summarize, I am trying to find the perfect essencial products for me, prefering the brands that had a good reputation for years over new products, also trying to ally the quality with the packing due to my need to use the products as "decoration".

1 comentário:

  1. A minha visão sobre sobre maquilhagem é exactamente igual à tua.
    Não vejo nem sinto necessidade em ter 30 sombras, 50 batons, lápis, bases, etc.
    A minha única excepção são os vernizes em que sei que não preciso de tantos mas gosto de ter bastantes escolhas, e por sinal, caras.
    Sempre vi imensos vídeos no youtube sobre makeup collection e ficava espantada por ver quartos praticamente "afogados" em tanto produto e pensava que era um desperdício pois certamente iria haver coisas que se iriam estragar e até grande parte elas nunca iriam usar.
    Geralmente quando gosto de uma coisa, sou bastante fiel a ela e só mudo se encontrar algo ainda melhor.
    Dou-me por feliz em ter encontrado uma marca que me satisfaz plenamente a nível de cuidados de rosto e maquilhagem, é cara sim, mas prefiro dar mais e ter o que realmente gosto e vou usar do que ter 300 produtos e usar um ou dois.
    Por vezes, menos é mesmo mais e no caso da maquilhagem com poucos produtos consegue-se um look bonito e natural, sem necessidade de ter tanta coisa ;)

    ResponderEliminar